Phòng CTHVSV gửi các anh, chị cựu học viên/sinh viên thông tin ứng tuyển vị trí làm việc: International Gender Consultant - UN Women
As part of the UN efforts to support Viet Nam to develop the Gender Affirmation Law in alignment with international laws and standards to ensure that transgender persons are equal members of society and protected and free from any forms of violence and discrimination; no one should be discriminated against based on perceived gender identity or gender expression, UN Women is looking for an international consultant who will develop a technical paper comparing legal frameworks and sharing good practices for legal gender recognition/protection of the human rights of transgender persons in other countries/regions.
The consultant will work closely with the UN Women and other members of the UN HRTG to produce a paper comparing legal frameworks and sharing good practices for legal gender recognition and the protection of the human rights of transgender persons in other countries/regions. The paper will form a part of the UN advocacy efforts in formulating policy recommendations for strengthening the draft Gender Affirmation Law. The key tasks include:
- Review existing materials on similar topics published by other organizations such as LEGAL GENDER RECOGNITION – A Multi-Country Legal and Policy Review in Asia (APTN), Trans Legal Mapping Reports (ILGA World), Report on Legal Recognition of Gender Identity and Depathologization (UN Independent Expert on SOGI), Living Free and Equal (OHCHR), OHCHR SOGI unit, and UN Independent Expert on SOGI/his OHCHR team, as well as comparative legal documents from other countries on the recognition of gender identity specifically and trans rights in general.
- Develop the outline of the paper in consultation with the UNHRTG.
- Develop the full paper based on the approved outline.
- Present the paper to the HRTG. For this meeting, UN Women will invite other relevant stakeholders (later refers as stakeholder meeting).
- Finalize the report taking into consideration of the comments from the stakeholder meeting.
- Develop a policy brief with key recommendations for Viet Nam (max 3 pages) based on the technical paper and the previous UN comments on the draft law.
The consultant will work under the supervision of the UN Women Programme Specialist. The consultant will be ultimately responsible to the UN Women Country Representative in Viet Nam.
The consultancy will be conducted from 1 June 2021 to 31 August 2021 and be home-based.
- Master’s Degree in Law, Gender, Human Rights, Political Science, Economics, Development or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of comparative legal analysis, gender mainstreaming, CEDAW, gender identity and expression and gender equality and lawmaking.
- Experience working on the development, implementation, and monitoring policies related to trans persons.
- Experience in developing policy analysis and policy recommendations from a gender perspective
- Experience in working with UN agencies will be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills in (legal) English
Candidates are requested to send the following documents in one application email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
- Application letter explaining your interest in the consultancy and why you are the most suited candidate for this position.
- Updated CV
- A report on gender mainstreaming into a specific law/policy or a report (preferably on the human rights of transgender persons) relevant for the tasks required [to illustrate writing skills].
- Personal History Form (P11). The P11 Form can be downloaded from the following website: http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Financial proposal specifying a daily consultancy rate and a breakdown per deliverable. UN Women will bear the costs of requested travel expenses following the UN-EU cost norm.
For more detailed information, please see the TOR attached file.
Should you have any questions, please send an email via email@example.com.
Deadline for Application: 24 April 2021
Thông tin chi tiết vui lòng xem tại đây.
Nguồn: Fanpage VUFO - NGO Resource Vietnam