Phòng CTHVSV gửi các anh, chị cựu học viên/sinh viên thông tin ứng tuyển vị trí làm việc: Research Officer - FIT & CHI
Starting date: 1 Sept 2021
Application closing date: 15 Aug 2021
Full time position: 100% FTE
Duration of contract: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
Location: Ha Noi
This position will work for two sister-organizations who have registration in Viet Nam: Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) and the Center for Development of Community Health Initiatives (CHI).
CHI is a locally registered research institution established according to Decision No 1074/Q?-LHHVH under Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA). The main activities of CHI focus on implementation of research by conducting pilot studies, operational research and clinical trials. CHI also conducts projects and development initiatives in the field of public health. The organization is currently collaborating with IRD VN and FIT VN to implement the Erase TB project funded by USAID. CHI’s role within this grant is to provide tiered packages of social support to vulnerable TB patients, including cash transfers, transport vouchers, Social Health Insurance enrollment and TB treatment adherence counselling. CHI then monitors this work by conducting research on TB treatment outcomes, catastrophic cost incurrence, quality of life and the impact of stigma on TB patients. Additionally, CHI is a sub-grantee the CDC Foundation and provides provides social support for MDR-TB patients while evaluating the impact of this support.
FIT VN is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care, service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. FIT now has over 50 office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT was chosen to represent civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
The below is job description for the position of Research Officer:
1. Health economics and social support monitoring surveys
- Learn the methodology of the patient costing surveys (PCS;
- Have familiarity and experience with interview techniques;
- Maintain communication with DTUs, CHSs to conduct surveys and collect necessary information for identifying eligible survey participants;
- Follow all research protocols and SOPs;
- Contact TB patients and arrange times and locations to interview the patients;
- Assist with conducting focus group discussions, in depth interviews and key informant interviews;
- Obtain informed consent from participants;
- Distribute interview stipends to participants and complete all documentation of this process;
- Complete paper-based questionnaires, enter survey responses to electronic database and keep records of survey materials following protocols
- Conduct completeness and quality of survey data periodically.
2. Provision of social support
- Follow procedures to receive cash from CHI’s finance team;
- Schedule delivery of social support;
- Contact TB patients without health insurance and set appointments;
- Directly assist TB patients with enrollment onto SHI, including filling out paperwork for them and delivering insurance registration documents to the local People’s Committee/SHI authorized agencies;
- Document completion of social support and insurance enrollment.
- Develop training materials about this component of the project;
- Distribute materials and/or social support the patient’s home or the local District TB Unit;
- Provide treatment adherence counselling to patients.
3. Other general tasks
- Assist in composing and submitting IRB applications;
- Develop presentations for IRB applications or about study implementation;
- Participate in summarizing research outputs and implementation experience for publication or reporting;
- Other activities requested by CHI management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to health, epidemiology, development, or related field is required
- At least 2 years’ experience in working in non-profit organizations, preferably for health-related programs/projects
- Experience in conducting interviews and/or working with patients
- Experience effectively engaging with government health entities
- Experience engaging with community healthcare workers
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, data entry software
- Fluency in Vietnamese is required
- Some knowledge of English is preferred, but not required
- Be willing to travel
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org addressed to Rachel Forse
- Subject: “Research Officer - HN”
- No later than 15 Aug 2021
Thông tin chi tiết vui lòng xem tại đây.
Nguồn: Website VUFO - NGO Resource Vietnam